Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

It occurred to me. you don't know how I became a fan...........

My Grandfather took me to my first Steelers game,January 12th 1975. SuperBowl IX. Minn. vs. Pitt. I was young, 5 yrs old. I fell asleep during the game, (so I was told). But I was branded from then on. He got the tickets from a client / Cowboys fan and the 4 of us G&G, my brother (a Rams fan) and I made a 4 day trip of it. Cult membership was easy, I didn’t have to sell my belongings (GI Joe’s’ and Tonkas) and move to S. America. I just put on those B&G clothes Granny and Gramps kept sending. I enjoyed this write up quite a bit (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/5/5/1458772/now-thats-steelers-football-a). It brought back memories of a bygone youth and the time with Gramps. And also gave me the blueprint for exactly how it was that I became initiated to the B&G. Helluva marketing scheme Rooneys. Take a kid + Grandparents + SB IX = STEELER Faithful! Very Sneaky, but well appreciated. Long live STEELERS football! And Thanks Gramps, you unwitting pawn in the cult fellowship indoctrination.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."

-- Jack Lambert --

No comments:

Post a Comment