Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm a Steeler Fan...(and also a Ben detractor) Can I be both?

Yeah I’m not a Ben fan, but the Steelers are a different matter. I love the Steelers. How trite. Right? I don’t care for Ben. Week 5 or 6 (really week 5) Ben will return and I will be rooting for the B&G regardless. (Actually week 3 I’ll be in Tampa, C’mon STEELERS!!!!) Against the Browns week 5 Ben will be back. I don’t care for Ben, as I’ve made clear, but when he suits up I’ll put my biases behind me and root for Ben and the STEELERS to succeed. Contridictorary right? I don’t think so. Ben is a Steeler and I support the Steelers. If the heirs of that saavy gambler Art S. see to it that Ben is to be here, than who am I. Art Sr. made choices based on dog performances and card lays. Who are we to degrade the tradition. A questionable gamble? FO SHO! But a Steeler fan I am. I don’t support Ben individually, but as a teamate, I’m hamstrung. (Go Ben Go). So there you go, the conundrum of being a Steeler Fan in 2010 and beyond.
Damn him
Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment